Diagnosed and treated for chlamydia and just now experiencing discharge?

About a week ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia and opted for the four pills in one day treatment. Since then I still don't feel 100% and just today I experienced discharge when I was peeing. It didn't burn and it was white. It only happened once today and throughout the week I have been experiencing minor tenderness in one of my testicles and just now did I start feeling "tingling" and slight discomfort in my urethra.  I have to go back to the clinic tomorrow. Does this mean treatment was ineffective? I'm scared as all get out.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No need to be scared, you should repeat the pee test about 2 weeks after the conclusion of the treatment to see if it has cleared. If not, I suspect you will be given a week's course of doxy or similar.
Helpful - 0
Ok, so I'm not a doctor but my situation seems similar to yours. About a month ago, I tested positive for chlamydia. I took the 2 gram dose of Azithromycin all in one go. My symptoms disappeared for about 3 weeks or so and then suddenly came back one morning. It was the strangest thing because between the time I took the medicine and 3 weeks later, I didn't have any form of sex with anyone. I have read that chlamydia can live in the gut and come back to reinfect someone who has been treated for it, which might be my situation. Anyway, I'm finishing up a 7 day course of minocycline, which isn't giving me as many terrible side effects, but I don't think this medicine is effectively clearing up my infection. I am getting a little worried to be honest...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.