Did I have sex too soon? Chlamydia

I was recently unfailthful to my girlfriend. I saw some clear to semi white discharge, barely any at all. I went in to get tested, they said that that it may be Chlamydia and I was given 2 horse pills to take in one dose. I went in to get tested on Wednesday 6/9/10 around 1:15pm (this is when I took pills). Within hours, discharge was completely gone. Again I had no other symptoms. I will get my test results back Wednesday 6/16/10. I got a little tipsy last night and Saturday about 4am, had intercourse with my girlfriend, maybe for 1 or 2 minutes and stopped. I did not ejaculate. Is it possible that if I did actually have Chlamydia, the 2 horse pills may have cured me in that time period from Wed around 1:15 pm to Sat around 4:00 am? Which is a total of about 60 hours?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is possible...but it is also very possible you passed it on to her. You should consider using condoms.  Especially if you find yourself unable to be faithful.

Now, here is your problem.  If it was chlamydia, and you did pass it to her, she might not get symptoms. Think your clear?  Nope.  If it goes untreated because she doesn't know she has it...because she never had symptoms and was not informed of the risk she had, she could develop PID which can cause severe pain and affect her ability to have children in the future.
Helpful - 0
she is taking cyproflaxin right now for a Kidney infection, I heard this can cure chlamydia? Either way, once I get my test results back, If I had it, I will have to get some treatment for her. I highly doubt she will go get tested, do you think the people at the clinic will give me the treatment to give to her?
Helpful - 0
It is not the preferred medication for it so it might not.  Whether or not the clinic will give you treatment for her or not is up to their discretion.  So, you would have to ask them.
Helpful - 0
I got 4 250 mg pills of azithromycin and she took them today in one dose. Should this treat it if there is anything? Also, will protected sex (a condom) hinder the treatment?
Helpful - 0
She should not have taken those pills. Medication needs to be prescribed by a Dr for proper treatment.

It is advised not to have sex until 7 days after medication. Wait for your test results and then come back and let us know.
Helpful - 0
When you had sex with the other girl, did you use a condom?
Helpful - 0
I did not use a condom, the other girl went and got tested the same day I did which was last wednesday, she just emailed me saying all her tests came back negative? I've been with my girlfriend for a year and had unprotected sex many times however only say a very small amount of discharge within 2-3 days after sleeping with this random girl. Just so we are clear, the random girl says all tests came back negative. I went to get tested, they said it may be chlamydia and treated me for it on the spot, i'll get my results back in about 2 hours. I'm hoping I come back negative too because I really highly doubt my girlfriend had anything. I'll know my results soon and post them here once I get them. Thanks for all the help, this situation is so stupid, can't wait until it is over!!!!!
Helpful - 0
so I just got my results back and all were negative. Still not sure what the hell the discharge was but it is gone now. I'm gonna get tested again in 3 months...wierd
Helpful - 0
No need to test in 3 months for chlamydia. How long after sex did u test?
Helpful - 0
I had been dating my girlfriend and having unprotected sex with her almost a year. After being an unfaithful idiot, I noticed discharge within 2 days. I had sex friday night, was tested Wednesday afternoon. May not have been enouch time to show a positive result if there was in fact anything at all. Either way, if it was Chlamydia, I was treated for it. The doctor said I should get tested in 3 months again if I'm worried about it. What do you think? All symptoms are gone.
Helpful - 0
I think whatever it was is cured and I have never heard of testing at 3 months for chlamydia. Most follow up tests are done 30 days after because by then the infection has left the body. 3 months is only for HIV and Herpes.

But if you tested with symptoms then you have already produced the infection and it would be picked up on a test.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.