Incurable Chlamydia?

About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. I was tested 2x for all STD's and both times it came back as only Chlamydia. I took 1 gram of Azithromycin, and my symptoms did not completely go away, so my doctor prescribed another gram of Azithromycin, and my symptoms disappeared for about 1 week, however I was tested again and my results still came back positive for Chlamydia. I was prescribed a third dose of 1 gram azithromycin, my symptoms did not improve. My doctor gave me a fourth dose of 1 gram azithromycin, and my symptoms still strongly persisted. I went to another doctor and he prescribed me 9 days of Doxycyline, twice a day (Whatever the recommended mg was for Chlamydia treatment), and my symptoms improved but did not disappear. He then prescribed me a 14 day dose of Doxycycline (again in the recommended mg 2x a day) and I am still texting positive for Chlamydia with severe symptoms and pain in my lower abdomen. I have been infected with Chlamydia for 3 months and have taken 4 doses of 1 gram Azithromycin and a 9 day dose of Doxy as well as a 14 day dose, and my infection will not budge. During the course of my treatment, and even since I was diagnosed, the guy who infected me and I have not had any sexual contact of any sort. We have not been intimate since our diagnosis, however treatment failure is persistant. Has anybody experienced this or heard of this? If so, how was it cured. Im beginning to feel helpless like it will never go away, and like I will never be able to have a normal healthy intimate relationship ever again. Advice please?
How are you being tested? Urine, swab or blood?
Swab
I wish I had an answer but you should be cured and have never heard of an antibiotic resistant chlamydia strain.
There are apparently antibiotic resistant chlamydia strains. I'm having the same problem.  Here is a link that addresses the phenomenon...
http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/181/4/1421.full
Did the guy you were with get cured from treatment?
What are your chlamydia symptoms?
You are supposed to wait 4-5 weeks after treatment for a test of cure as per world health org guidelines. You didn't provide timelines so I dont know when you did retest. The dead chlamydia DNA could be causing a false positive. As for the posts above regarding chlamydia being resistant - ignore them. There are holes in both of the patient stories in the case studies that negate the research IMO. As per Vance, there is NO Chlamydia strain resistant to antibiotics(my GP and STI consultant both said this to me also). I had to take 2 doses of Azithromycin  and 14 day course of doxy to get rid of my chlamydia infection. The doxy worked, the zithromax did not. FYI, you can also eat raw garlic (3-4 cloves a day) which has been known to help clear up that infection as a homeopathic remedy. Lots of info on the web regarding that fact.

By the way what symptoms do you have? If it is just pain it could be scar tissue from the infection. Is there discharge?
Did your symptoms ever subside? Your antibiotic regimen is rather similar to mine and I'm stilling having symptoms after treatment. I'm terrified this is never gonna go away.
There is chlamydia resistance against all antibiotics now . It is a incurable disease. You have to live with it now.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.