Positive chlamydia partner not ?

After having several weeks of random vaginal bleeding I had to go to my doctor for a swab test at the hospital. I was very poorly with it and said it was ?PID and was given a 14 day hit of metronidazole 400mg x3 daily and doxycycline x2 daily also for 14 days. On day 8 results came back that I had chlamydia. So we rushed to my partner gp and he was tested, and came back yesterday that he was NEGATIVE. This is the first time in the year we've been together that either one of us has tested positive, as I have had gynea problems in the past and therefore have had swab tests done a lot in this past year and, they have always come back negative previously, especially as being 22, in my community where this infection is rife, they test for it constantly.Why would it appear now when we've always had 'unprotected sex'? And for the record I have not been unfaithful!
I am confused, angry and I don't understand.
How many times have you been tested for this in the past year?
At least 8, more if you include urine tests.
Either you got a false positive (based on the other tests I would say is likely) or partner went outside of relationship and medicated before he tested.
I am leaning toward false positive myself logic is prevailing in my head

We have unprotected sex x3 weekly on average so he wouldn't be able to be negative is I was positive at the same time. The longest we've been abstinent is this fortnight whilst I've been on antibiotics . Or I've been mixed up with someone else and some poor soul has been told mine and is wandering around thinking they're fine. I have told my gp and the hospital and spoken to pathology at hospital and Gum clinic but no one is taking responsibility for mistakes or saying otherwise other than pathology who literally said 'it must be a mix up I can't see how that's possible'

I'm just going to have to make peace with the fact someone has either messed up, or I had something else that might have had a similar DNA make up or something.

But even if he had cheated, which is highly unlikely, and got treatment, he wouldn't have been able to hide it since we live together!  And when he has time off work (rare) he can be asleep till I get in from work, or still in pyjamas at least!!!! He's too tired to do anything poor soul!!

I am lucky we have a high level of trust with each other because this could have been so damaging. Especially if we had had doubts in each other. Luckily. We haven't.

Annoyingly I like a final answer but it may just be one of those cases where I am not going to get one!
Probably not unless you retested before taking meds.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.