Possibility of re infection?

So about 1 maybe 2 weeks ago my doctor prescribed me the 4 Zithromax pills/ 500 mg dose of cipro,I think I had enough for 7 days, I finished my last dose last sunday,all I had left was Slight painful urination,my urethra was pretty torn up,so I figured it was normal, than I got some itching wasn't constant or so intense I was on the verge of using a knife to itch it like when I was infected, it was just a very slight random itch thst would dissapearance on its own, and just now literally an hour ago, my gf gave me a random erection, no pain as before, had a itch in my urethra,this time I rubbed it a bit to satisfy it,I got discharge,it smelled exactly like the discharge I had when I was infected,like a pimple essentially,my main worry,was it possible the treatment just weakened the infection and it's coming back? I'm out of town and cannot get to a doc until tuesday,will it only get worse again if I wait the four days?or do the symptoms simply linger for a while after treatment completion
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Best you can do is have a further test to see if the chlamydia has been cleared. Treatment can fail.
Helpful - 1
2 grams of azithromycin has failed to cure my chlamydia. Minocycline is seemingly not working either. Yes, antibiotics can fail to cure chlamydia as well as other sti's.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.