Test results

I had a bout of bronchitis and pneumonia during late February and March with several courses of antibiotics. I also took prednisone. I get bikini waxes and engage in oral genital sex with my longtime partner.  He occasionally has cold sores. A few weeks ago in early April just after he was getting over a cold sore and just after I had a waxing he gave me oral sex.  Within a week I felt a lump I went to a dermatologist and was told I had a cyst. They drained it, but I was tested for  STDs out of an abundance  of caution. The very next day I noticed blistering and began having pain and tingling. When I got my blood test results they were negative for herpes 1 and 2 but positive for chlamydia?  the results were 1.12   Is it possible that the blood tests picked up on the pneumonia?

Since my new physical symptoms (blistering etc) we did additional testing (cultures) to determine if I have herpes 1 or 2 and a urine sample for chlamydia.

How long can chlamydia lay dormant in the system?

Additionally,  Why would I just get herpes 1 now after 18 years? The perfect storm of low immune system/ bikini wax( likely fissures) and cold sore?

Future:  assuming I have herpes 1- how can I transmit it in the future?  can I give it to someone if I perform oral sex or only by genital contact?  

Appreciate any help. I have had no other sexual partners in 18 years. I also believe he has not either.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Blood test for chlamydia does not look for an active infection and is unreliable.

Herpes questions post in the herpes forum.
Helpful - 0
Thank you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.