Treatment PLEASE HELP!

Dr,

My girlfriend and I have both tested positive for Chlamedia and we both have some questions for you. We about to start treatment together with two tablets of Zithromax 500mg each. Is this enough to knock out the bacteria in both of us no matter how long we could have had it for? We understand not to have sex for a week until all cleared. We will both be getting tested again in a month to confirm. Is there a high chance she has PID even if she has not had any systoms? My sysptoms are very mild, only some tenderness in the testicles from time to time over the last month and some dribbling when urinating NO PAIN. We are only concerned as we are about to start trying for a baby and hope we are not fertile. PLEASE HELP!

Regards
Riley
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well, the time frame that most doctors say to wait to have sex is 7-10 days, so I would assume that it is safe to have sex after that. But again, how fast it works in each individual can be different. What you can do is make sure to use condoms for the next 30 days and then get a test for cure to make sure the infection is gone.  
Helpful - 0
How long have you been together?...The dosage you got is the recommended treatment from the cdc. So, as long as you follow instructions including the no sex part, then you should be fine.
Helpful - 0
We have been together for under a year, its strange that the sysptoms have only just came up after this amount of time. I did question if she had cheated on me but she said no, She would rather breakup then cheat. Thankyou for the your input. :)
Helpful - 0
It is possible it was brought into the relationship by either one of you.  So, just take the treatment as instructed and move on from here.  Start fresh.  I would recommend you both get a full std panel as soon as possible to make sure you don't get any more surprises.
Helpful - 0
Thankyou so much for your help on this subject. We have both taken the zithromax 500mg pack which is two tablets 1gram in total I think. This is enough to knock the bacteria out of our systems yes? No matter how long we could have had it for? She has no symptoms,I have some tenderness in the testicles but no other major problems.

Thanks again.

RIley
Helpful - 0
It is one of the preferred treatments listed by the cdc.
Helpful - 0
OK, thankyou very much.

On another note how long does it take for symptoms to clear? And the bacteria to die?
Helpful - 0
There is no set time frame.  It can be gone in as early as 5 days for one of you, or a week or two for the other.  The only thing you need to make sure of is that you don't have any sex at all for at least 7 days.
Helpful - 0
Hey there,

Symptoms have all resided after five days, my questions is that after seven days is the bacteria not contagis by then?

Riley
Helpful - 0
Hi there,

Symptoms subsided over the last week, however is it still normal to have some symptoms two weeks in?

Thankyou
Helpful - 0
Sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to see 100% relief.  Be sure to drink plenty of water to "flush" your system.
Helpful - 0
One thing i'm concerned about is that I have frequent urination and tender right testicle from time to time, is this epiditimis? HOw often can this ascend? I recieved another script from my docter for another 1gram dose of Azithromycin and did an MCS ejaculate test. Hopefully the results are negetive...
Helpful - 0
I don't know...you are doing the right thing by following up with your doctor.
Helpful - 0
I went to the doctors and now I have been prescribed Zithromax 1gram agian along with Doxycyline. She said to start the Doxy first and three days in take the Zithro, as this will hit the infection with a big punch. Is this correct?

Shelley is only prescribed Zithro as apparently she is not as infected as me.
Helpful - 0
At this point, you need to see a specialist if this round of two antibiotics does not clear things up for you.  Get a referral to see a urologist.
Helpful - 0
All clear now, no STD anymore! Thankyou for all your good advice..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.