Chlamydia Community

chlamydia and oral sex?

I was in a two year monogamous relationship since recently. My partner and I took a break and I had a sexual encounter with a person that claimed to be clean. After having had intercourse, including oral sex(only her performing on me) I started getting a slight itch and burning sensation in my pee so I got tested and I tested positive for chlamydia. The doctor prescribed me azithromycin, I took this but the pharmacy messed up and I only took 500mg when I was supposed to take 1000mg. About 12 hours after I had taken the pills I performed oral sex on my previous partner. It did not go any further than that. Do I need to be worried about having infected her? Is it likely to be transmitted from mouth to vagina? I don't think I had/have a throat infection of chlamydia because I never performed oral sex on the person that was infected but I just want to have a better understanding of the situation.

Thank you
Oral to vagina is not a risk
The risk factor of Chlamydia includes people under the age of 24, multiple sex partners, unprotected sex, and history of sexually transmitted infections. If you fall in one of the risk factors, you should consider getting yourself and your previous partners tested as soon as possible.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.