clams

how long does it take for clams to show up in a middleaged female body after being infected? when can they be first recognized in a test ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So you tested 4 or 5 weeks after the 1st exposure. Then your test would be conclusive and your most recent test was either a false positive or you did get it from current partner but in the mean time partner took something to cure what he had.
Helpful - 0
thanks for your answer.
i was tested first negative - around four or five weeks after having once unprotected sex - and then many months later positive when my physician proposed to test because of my stomach pain. i was already with my new (and since then only) partner who tested negative. i read about false positive tests. are false negative tests possible too?
my physician explained that the clams were not yet established everywhere when the first sample was taken. is that possible?
its a problem, because my partner thinks he was not the only one - which hurts because there was no other.
Helpful - 0
test is conclusive at 5-7 days. symptoms may take 1-2 weeks or up to 2 years.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.