how do i keep getting chlamydia??

hi so this is gonna be long.. a few years ago (before i was with my bf) i contracted chlamydia.. i got treated but stopped being sexually active until i was with my new partner. so 3 months into our relationship (we have already had intercourse) i get tested like your supposed to, it came back clean so, a few months go by i get tested because i have pain and bleeding during intercourse, i go and get tested and come back positive for chlamydia again. He got tested and was positive too and we both got treated. So now my bf is in prison and i have not been with anyone else in all our time together, but im having lower abdominal pains and a white discharge that stains yellow (i use panty liners) also i have a vibrator ive had for a while i clean it after every use. is it possible for me to have left some of the bacteria on there and gave it to myself again and again? please help. He claims he hasnt cheated and i believe him.. he was on house arrest almost the whole time we dated except for the last couple months till he went to prison. Please dont be mean :(
The most plausible explanation is that your partner became infected through a third party and infected you and you are having trouble clearing this latest infection even after a course of antibiotics.

Other possibilities include that you have had the bacteria all along and it wasn't detected in urine. That's rare but maybe is was in your throat as well and didn't clear with the antibiotics? Maybe unprotected anal sex is involved too?

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.