Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cold and Flu Community
1.94k Members

Is this a cold? or something worse

about 4 months ago my mother showed me a rash on her hand. it looked like small pimples and got worse. it spread from one palm to both palms and then gradually to the heel of her foot. the wounds opened up and started leaking. they gave her an antifungal and it seemed to go away after about 7 weeks. About 3 weeks ago she showed me her neck. the skin over her thyroid gland had swollen up. she had her thyroid checked and everything came back normal. its progressively gotten worse. Its red and swollen and her neck has become stiff. She is increasely fatigued and has severe joint pain. I noticed her arm today and there was a small swollen area that she said felt hot on the inside. She was diagnosed with sinusitis and she started having acid reflux about a week and a half ago. She said it is getting more difficult to breath now and her neck is getting even worse. I have my theories but would like more advise. She needs a good doc but we can't afford one right now.
1 Responses
242516 tn?1368223905
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Since the rash on hands and foot got better with antifungal cream, that's reassuring that it's probably a fungal rash that's gone, we call it tinea corporis and tinea pedis.

The small swollen hot arm spot needs to be checked to see if it's an infection.

It's concerning that it's getting more difficult to breathe, she should be seen by a doctor.

Dr. Enoch Choi, MD
Palo Alto, CA
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.