Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Concerned about heart failure

I'm a 48yr old male, 5'08" 155. Friday night I went to the ER with chest discomfort. My BP was about 166/100 and heart rate in high 90's. blood tests and toxicology were done. Troponin levels were fine, previous cholesterol was 118, but now showing 176. The doctor kept me overnight and wanted to do a nuclear stress test. My results are as follows for a regadenoson gated spect left ventricle myocardial perfusion study. Basically everything shows normal except the ejection fraction shows 43%. My heart rhythm is fine, and in the final report it says "depressed ejection fraction but no sign of CHF". My resting heart rate does however beat in the high 30's could this be the cause of my low ejection fraction? How accurate is the nuclear stress test? Will my EF progressively get worse? The doctor didn't elaborate, and just said I should follow up with my cardiologist. I don't get shortness of breath or anything like that, however I do occasionally get a little dizzy, mostly when I'm laying down, or standing up quickly and walking around, but am not sure if that has to do with chronic migraines and chronic pain from neck surgery, or meds. The nurse said I probably have heart damage, but the doctor didn't say that. Can I excercise? What type of diet should I be on until I find out more? Any help or advise is appreciated, I'm kinda worried. Thanks
0 Responses
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Congestive Heart Failure Community

Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.