Conversations For The Eating Disordered Community
23 Members

Anorexic trying to lose weight the healthy way

I am overweight and need to lose about 20 pounds, but I want to do it without falling back into my Anorexia. Any advice is welcomed!
I would ask the doctor about diet plan, and see if he/she says you are overweight and advises you to lose, I know ed tells us we are overweight, but I would see what the dr. says.  It is not good idea to go by the normal mainstream diets though they are healthy, having an ED, they can be triggering to you.   If your dr. recommends you to lose, I would see nutritionnist for diet plan that does not have calorie counts and a diet that will not trigger you.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.