Avatar universal

Metopic synostosis in Adults. Can it be corrected?

I am 19 years old and i have a skull deformity. After checking on the internet i found out that it is trigonocephaly(metopic synostois). My frontal skull shape is triangular and the metpoic ridge is evident. This greatly affects me pshycologically and socially as i am not able to decide my hairstyle and look very unproffesional due to it. Pls tell me if this can be corrected through cosmetic or other procedures and which medical center in the world should i contact?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242582 tn?1193613120
Check with a maxillofacial surgery center at a university teaching hospital.  While such procedures are undertaken in early childhood when continued growth will occur, it is not clear whether correction is appropriate as an adult.
Helpful - 1
Avatar universal
A related discussion, trigonocephaly was started.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Popular Resources
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.