Crohn's Colitis Forum- Chronic Digestive Diseases Community
42 Members

Bad grapefruit juice bloating and anemia

About 2 months ago, I drank some rancid and fermented grapefruit juice at a restaurant. I threw it all up for the next hour there. Over the weekend I ached and fevered. I went to urgent care and they told me my bowels were hyperactive. I stopped fevering but still ached. I've  been exhausted and have a bloated stomach every time I eat.

So for the past month I've been taking blood test and stool tests. Each test comes back showing that I'm more and more anemic. But there doesn't appear to have bacteria or blood in the stools. I recently had ultrasounds and did an urgent upper abdomen scope and colonoscopy and they only found a bit of inflammation in my small intestines from the biopsy...but otherwise normal.

I've always been fairly healthy...I get my annual exams done with blood work yearly to know my normal levels...which have always been within range on all accounts.

I'm now being sent to a GYNO to find out why I'm progressively becoming more anemic by the week. I was completely heathy until I drank the bad juice. In my mind...it has to be associated with that...but my doctors can't figure it out!

Please help! My skin is super itchy and my legs keep cramping. Does anyone know if my issues can be associated with the bad grapefruit juice or if Something else is going on unrelated and just happened to trigger  at the same time. Or maybe because I was throwing up so hard it sparked something else??
Tags: anemia, spoiled, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, test, Blood, ultrasound, biopsy, bowel, Skin, colonoscopy, Gluten intollerant, Food poisoning, bloated
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.