DDD & Spinal Arthritis with many other symptoms! HELP PLEASE!

I am 27 female. As of less than 6 months ago, I have DDD and Spinal Arthritis, 2 dehydrated discs and massive spasm over my lower spine, and a few pinched nerves. I am in Constant PAIN!! I have a ton of other unknown symptoms...
*Random Floating joint Pain, swelling, warm to touch. Extremely Painful!!
*Dizzy spells, Light headed, Hot Flashes/fevers, Feeling extremely Weakened
*Loss of Sensation, Numbness, Tingling, Burning, Pins & Needles in Hands, & Feet
     * At times in back of skull once laying down for few minutes
*EMG test abnormal from fingers-above elbow and toes-mid shin
*Fingers/Hands and Toes/Feet turn completely purple or turn red with white blotchy spots
*Hands claw/cripple/fold up. Unable to move for long periods of time
*Shooting pains in hands/wrists/forearms
*Feet painfully, completely Lock up, have to crack to temp relieve pain (lasts seconds)
*Feet Pop & Crack when walking.
*Random Hot redness across bridge of nose, spreading to cheeks (not rosacea)
*Lot of Hair loss (globs of hair)
*Severe Fatigue!!
*Headaches (rarely ever had before)
*Overall stiffness and pain in morning!
*Paralysis "Episodes" Basically body stops responding to brain, collapse, unable to move, drooling, tearing, body stops breathing on own normally, gasping & shallow wheezing. Episodes went from 20min to around 45min-60+ minutes. At times unable to move different parts of body after "episode" is over. Ex- I couldn’t move from my waist to toes for 3 hours after "episode".  No pattern to "episodes"

I am seeing a Neurologist, which is proving to be less and less useful. I saw a Cardiologist, Pulmonary Specialist, and rheumatologist. The Rheumatologist doc saw me twice, and said since I didn’t have any flares while at the 2 visits... he said nothing was wrong with me from a Rheumatology stand point. He also said that "the issues with my feet were normal, and everyone has to crack some parts of their body at times." I'm 27 yrs. old! That isn’t NORMAL! And my Neurologist said that I NEED to be seen by a Rheumatologist Doc. I am in Sooo much pain DAILY! I’m a Married, stay at home Mother of a 4 yr old and 6 yr old, I just want to be able to play with my kids, have the energy and Chi to get out of bed/off the sofa and Give family the Mommy/Wife they have known! We decided to have our children early so I would have the energy to do anything with my children! My Neurologist put me on Metaxalone 30mg (3x day) Tramadol 50mg (3x day)  and Hydrocodone 7.5 as needed, and recently Gabapentin 300mg (night) She was giving me 90 Hydrocodone per month, and in the month of July she was ONLY in the office 1 time!(7-12-11) which she then only gave me a script for 20 hydrocodone. She said to use them for the "Break through pain" which is every day!! So now I have no pain I meds for past month, and I'm not a "Pill Head" I ONLY want to not be in pain ALL DAY & NIGHT!! I can’t sleep because of how much pain I’m constantly in!! I go days, week+ without any sleep, I’m getting a sleep study done next week. But I’m soo FRUSTRATED!!! I just want a doctor who ACTUALLY Listens to me, and doesn’t think I’m making things up JUST to get pain pills! I just want to get better, want to go one day without being in SEVERE PAIN!! Seems like they give any DERELICT a piece of paper to be a doctor!! GRRRRRRR! I need HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! I'm starting to lose hope and faith in the medical system and doctors!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry to hear about your back it really ***** I know but you may have more things going on than just your back. Here is a checklist link please check it out I also have severe back problems and was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's you would be amazed at how many things it can cause that can be attributed to something else like back problems.  http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/autoimmune-checklist.htm Hope you get a diagnosis soon. Best wishes.

Sissie
Helpful - 0
I wish you the best of luck. I have many of the conditions you speak of. Good luck finding a doctor who can diagnos this. Its more of a revoling door with the doctors and referals. I have spinal fusion of the neck and 17 other herniated disc through out my back. OA, thin bone. Spasams, shooting, numb, tingles, needles, Lots of things you have discused. Its a cluster mess. I have been with a pain managment doctor for over 6 years now. I am on a regiment of medications for all the above. Thats all they can do now is try to kill the pain because no diagnosis, no cure, no compasion doctors. All the test they have run and still no diagnosis. I am sorry for you are so young, I am 48. I wish you the best of luck. Always be informend and educated on what your doctor says. Go home and do your research before you let any doctor do any thing. Second oppinion? HA they back each other up. You have to take your health into your hands. I wish I had an answer for you, I wish I had an answer for me.  But a pain managment doc might help calm down the spasams and nerves. Even if its just a bandaid, its better then nothing. And after all the doctors and test, thats all I have is nothing and a bandaid. I am not a doctor or in any health care so its just my oppinion. Sorry to hear and sorry that its a long long road and waiting waiting waiting, God Bless you. Good luck.
PS. Most are derelict.
Doug
Helpful - 0
Thank you for sharing your stories with me! It is kind of comforting, in a strange way, to know there are other people going through similar situations as I am! I will check out the site for sure. I have done some much research that it is making me kind of bonkers! Most of my symptoms scream Autoimmune diseases, but the "so called tests" said No. I just saw my family doctor, whom I have seen since birth, and he is fantasic. But he can only do so much. He said I need as many "second opinions" as it takes! He also said my doctors are idiots lol, and if they think I might have MS, why haven't they done a spinal tap, brain imaging, neck imaging? Etc. He recommended a few new doctors for me. Which of course will take a month or so for an appt. But it's a start. I'm at my sleep study bored out of my mind! Lately my nerves have been shot! I start going into frenzy-like spastic spurts! All of this I think is starting to make me have Anxeity, and I feel like I start to damn near panic for No^ reason! I am lucky that my husband is my rock, and can calm me in an instant with just his voice. But I never panicked before, or ran around franticly! I was always such a very laid-back, calm, cool and collected type of person. My family doctor put me on Xanax this week. I am just so lost, I have googled anything and everything. And my symptoms can fit so many things. So many tests, and nothing to really show for it! It can be very taxing to constantly come up empty handed with finding a cause for all my issues. I just want to be healthy! Something soo many people take for granted! I greatly appreciate the advice and sharing with me. It has given me comfort. I wish the best of luck in both of your medical journeys! Thank you again. And also for letting me rant and rave. Lol
Helpful - 0
Keep testing for the autoimmune. I had the symptoms for years before I was dx this feb. I knew nothing of Hashi's or the thyroid before all of this. Has your dr tested your free T3 and free T4? If not I would have it checked and what is the results of your tsh? You may want to post them on the forum. The results vary lab to lab so what one may consider low another considers to be in range. Keep at it I know its a big pain in the back side but feeling normal is within your reach. Best wishes.

Sissie
Helpful - 0
I have at least 8 discs 4 in my neck that have bone spurs and the "gel" has worn down also have arthritis up and down entire spine. In the lumbar there are 5 discs that are budging. I am in horrific pain I hope they do surgery soon! I am also a recovering drug addict so Gabapentin 300mg and Motrin is all I take I do want to take an opiate but just for pain.I know if I take an opiate I will want to take the whole bottle. Have you tried inversion therapy?I have an inversion table and it has saved my life!Good luck I hope you get better.
Helpful - 0
    How is your bone density? Any compression fracturs? I think I have three good disc left my self. Thanks for your tip. I dont think I can use the inversion though. Not much left holding me together. Hope you have a nice week.

Doug
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Degenerative Diseases Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.