Degenerative Diseases Community

Low Back Pain

A few weeks ago I was on vacation and woke up one morning with severe back pain. I could hardly walk, getting up from lying down or sitting was horrible. My husband took me to the ER where I was told it was a muscle spasm. I was given medication a shot and hoped for the best. I managed the 2 hour flight home and went to see my MD.Again told muscle spasm, given more medication and to go for physical therapy. Between my last MD appt and physical therapy I began having numbness and tingling in my foot and pain radiating down my right leg. My PT told me I had a slipped disc which was causing pain in my sciatic nerve. To make a long story short, I've had an MRI which shows a herniated disc and a cyst. My MD is sending me to a Neurosurgeon, which is scheduled for next week. PT has helped a great deal for my back, but the sciatic nerve in my leg seems to be giving me a hard time. Does anyone have any informatin as to what this all may mean?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.