Degenerative Diseases Community

Severe Low Back Pain After Standing?

Not sure where to post this, but I'm getting worse with this problem.  I get severe low back pain after standing or walking.  It's been like this for a few years, but lately, I can't stand more than a couple minutes without feeling the need to bend forward to alleviate the pressure on my back.  I've mentioned it to my doctor and my chiropractor and both of them just sort of blow it off as nothing - but it's seriously affecting my quality of life.  Even grocery shopping is difficult anymore.  Any ideas?
no back pain still the same ,doctor says arthritus ,  bull!!
I had the same problem, turns out that because of my sedentary lifestyle, my core muscles had gotten weaker. Strengthening those really helped.
See: http://scoobysworkshop.com/2012/07/01/rotisserie-functional-core-abs-workout/
I have had the same symptoms. I hurt so bad. I couldn't sit long, walk very far of stand very long. When standing and then siting down I have a sharp spasm that lasts about 30 seconds. I went through many tests. MRI, CT scan, x-rays.  They did find something with my lower back. Calcium deposits, artheritis. They called it Sciatica. The only thing that helps me some is doing stretches. It dosn't take all the pain away but it does ease it. I am able to walk more, stand longer and sit longer. Everytime it really starts to hurt I stretch my lower back. I also do a couple of yoga stretches. I hope this helps. They also gave me a cortisone shot in my spine. It worked for a while. I find stretching works just as well.
This sounds like SJD or sacroiliac joint dysfunction. A diagnosis is fairly easy in much of the Western world but not here in USA. It is diagnosed best by use of a sacroiliac injection of a lidocaine solution. The shot is given and after upon standing you should feel 75% to 100% relief. That would be a positive test that you have a dysfunction. Then another shot is given of a steroid like Kenalog into the sacral cavity on the side affected. Usually it is one side but sometimes both.  The doctor should then send you to a chiropractor with a few days of injection so he can manipulate joint. You will be a new person after this. I suffered for 8 yrs with this. The symptoms are identical to yours. I had X-rays and MRI's and nothing was found. I had to tell them to do this and they referred me to a place that did it on an outpatient basis. You really need to talk to your doctor about it as they never seem to identify this as a SJD. Get another DR. if you have to but the chances are very high this is your problem.
I understand the feeling your going through. I too am having the same problems.  I have been in the nursing field for 13 years and never had so much pain in my lower back like this.  I'm only 33, and have to lean on Walls if I'm standing for over 2 minutes. I can't walk to my car in my parking lot without my low back and hips feeling like their going to give up on me.  I haven't got a MRI or XRAY yet due to me gaining weight for sitting all the time. Doctors are going to say its my weight. But I can't work out like I use to because of the pain. I cry almost everyday because I can't find out what it is. I told doctors about it but they just blow it off. This developed and got worst with in 3 months, and three months I been out of work. I want to go back to work but can't walk or stand without me leaning or finding support to ease pressure off my lower back and hips. I could only pray we all could find someone that could give us the answer.
Glad I found this thread I was beginning to think I was going mad. I have suffered acute pack pain since I was 29. It started literally over night - I woke up unable to lift my head from the pillow moving at all was agony. In the beginning docs said it was muscle strain,but several years and many tests later I was told it was scoliosis & I would just have to live with it & I have struggled on since. From being  active I went to being hardly able to move. Things have got really bad in the last year - standing just 2 mins in the same position results in acute pain across my lower back back centering on hip area. Doctors blame sciatica but after 20+ years of that pain I can tell the difference losing weight is impossible when you can not move.If anyone gets a 'proper' diagnosis I would love to hear from them
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.