Severe Low Back Pain After Standing?

Not sure where to post this, but I'm getting worse with this problem.  I get severe low back pain after standing or walking.  It's been like this for a few years, but lately, I can't stand more than a couple minutes without feeling the need to bend forward to alleviate the pressure on my back.  I've mentioned it to my doctor and my chiropractor and both of them just sort of blow it off as nothing - but it's seriously affecting my quality of life.  Even grocery shopping is difficult anymore.  Any ideas?
I feel like I am reading myself. I have the same problems with my back. I am unable to stand or walk for no more than a minute or two. I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease & Osteoarthritis. I have 2 discs in my back that are completely dried out. Absolutely no fluid. So it is just vertebrae on vertebrae. Because of my weight i feel like my dr's wont help me. But please tell me if I am in constant ppain and unable to get around how am i suppose to lose weight?? One dr even told me it is useless for me to be on a diet. WOW Thanks for the support. The drs wont even give me pain meds. All they give me is Mobic & Naproxen. Absolutely no help at all. My quality of life is so deminished I want to give up. I have to sit to do dishes or take a shower or anything in general. Ridiculous. BY THE WAY I AM ONLY 34 YEARS OLD. I have been dealing with this since i was 30. :(
Maybe you could take a look at you tube regarding plant base diets. It is a wonderful way to prevent and reverse disease although it haven't helped with my back issue yet. Please give it a chance! You will be thrilled with the results. Start with Caldwell esselstyn's website. That will lead you to many other plant base dr's. God bless you!
I'm 17 and I've had this same exact issue. Only it takes me about 30 seconds to a minute before it starts hurting, and it hurts worse the more I continue to stand .  It only hurts on the right side of my lower back . It kinda sends the throbbing pain down my leg too . Its unbearable and crippling . The only relief I find is when I'm sitting or hunched forward . Only been feeling it for about a week now , but I've had no prior injuries to my back , so I can't understand what could be causing this .
I felt like I could have written your story myself. I am 44 years old and my pain has been going on for 3 years now. The past 10 months it has gotten to where I cannot even stand to take a shower. My husband has to help me get dressed, because I cannot stand in one spot for too long. I have went through 4 doctors and 3 MRIs and X-rays and they all try telling me it is arthritis. I  have sent my results from my MRI out of state to a doctor that has never met me, and he found I have degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc, a cyst on my kidneys(5cm), spurs and bone fragments, along with some other issues. He suggested that when I walk and stand for even a minute, that my kidneys are stretching and pushing my disc causing my pain to start and increase rapidly to where I cannot move anymore. At my insistence, I have an appt with an orthopedic surgeon next week to discuss FIXING the problem, instead of blowing me off and trying to mask it with pain killers and muscle relaxers. They do not even affect the pain, and physical therapy just made it worse. I have gained 130 pounds since this started as I cannot move around anymore. I used to walk almost 2 hours a day, and run and play with my kids. Now I am 80% bed-bound. This is NOT NORMAL in any way, and if any doctor tries to tell you that it is, get another one...and another...until one actually listens to you. Good Luck!!!
My heart goes out to all of you with this type of back pain.  Real quick, here is what I went through.  In my early 30's I started having severe lower back pain whenever I was on my feet for more than 15 minutes.  I called it a "belt of pain" because I also felt it in my pelvis.  When I mentioned it to drs., I was sent for tests to see if I had ovarian cysts, endometriosis, etc.  Nothing found.  I couldn't understand why 85 year old women were able to stand in line at the grocery store and I was in such pain!  Now, at age 57, I finally went to the dr. and was diagnosed with significant degenerative disc disease and spinal arthritis.  I used to think this was "all in my head."  Pursue this for a diagnosis.  When I was younger, no one took me seriously.  Once you're over 50, it can be different. All those years!  I'm doing ok; taking 2 Aleve daily and being careful.  Again, my heart goes out to you. BrokenMama ~ you are too young to have so much pain.  babyjessie is correct...this is not normal.  Don't stop until you find a compassionate dr. and get some help.  
Check out Piriformis Syndrome.   The piriformis can put pressure on the sciatic nerve and cause hip/back/leg problems.   It's tough to heal it but not impossible.  Sedentary lifestyle (sitting all day at the computer, etc.), gaining weight in the abdominal area and losing core strength all contribute to making the back pain worse.  It's all about muscle balancing.  When something is out of whack, it throws other things out of whack until the body can't take it any more.  Piriformis syndrome is often missed by doctors as it won't show up in an MRI or X-ray.  Yoga and stretching, along with PT usually help, but it does take awhile and you have to be consistent in doing the stretching and exercises everyday, as well as being conscious of your body mechanics.  Rick Olderman is a PT who's written a number of books on fixing pain.  Check out his "Fixing You" series.   I have the one on Hip and Knee Pain and it's very informative.  Will be purchasing the one on Back Pain next.
Did you ever find out why you break out in a sweat and get nauseated when you stand for very long? I have had the same problem for a few years now.

You are reading content posted in the Degenerative Diseases Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.