Severe Low Back Pain After Standing?

Not sure where to post this, but I'm getting worse with this problem.  I get severe low back pain after standing or walking.  It's been like this for a few years, but lately, I can't stand more than a couple minutes without feeling the need to bend forward to alleviate the pressure on my back.  I've mentioned it to my doctor and my chiropractor and both of them just sort of blow it off as nothing - but it's seriously affecting my quality of life.  Even grocery shopping is difficult anymore.  Any ideas?
I have had low back pain for years. When I was 18 I went to the doctor because my back went out on me at work, when I bent down to pick something up I couldn't raise back up again, it felt like the bottom half of my body split apart from the upper half. This happened on several occasions. The doc said that due to a birth defect, a missing ligament or something, he said what it was but I really didn't understand what he was talking about. Anyway, it caused a polinodil cyst just above my buttocks. years later I had an MRI that showed no signal activity in L5 and S1, the doc just said it's arthritis! Now if I stand for very long I have severe pain in my lower back and in the area of my pelvic/pubic bone, and I break out into a cold sweat, get very nauseated, feels like I'm going to pass out if I don't sit down, in fact it's as if the floor isn't low enough for me to lay down so these symptoms go away. I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this. Also I have several places on my back and bottom of my neck that are completely numb, there is no sense of touch on them. Any ideas???
I hear you all, on August 7, 2013 was walking thru grocery store, all of the sudden out of the blue, excruciating pain in lower back and deep muscle pain in thighs.  Since then I have gained 30 pounds.  I have been to a general orthopedic did the usual MRI Xrays blood work etc.  I still have no explanation for the lower back pain, after 3 minutes of standing or walking I have to sit.  It has changed my life, I cannot work, clean house, carry anything etc.  So far I know I have Degenerative disc disease, arthritis, herniated disc, bulging disc,  nodes, sciatica...........and the doctors have no clue why I cannot stand longer than 3 minutes.  I am in pain management now, diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome.  If I ever find out what is going on I promise to share the info.  PT did not help me.
My lower back pain is only on my left side. Sitting or laying down is fine. It really gets bad when I'm on my feet alot. If I go shopping with the wife I'll wear one of those menthol cold/heat sticky pads and that really helps. If I keep walking at a fair pace the pain is not as apparaent but if I stop and look at some things with her or we move at a slow pace then it really hurts. It's only on my left side, never in the middle or the right and it's always down low like just above the hip bone. I am a 44 yr old male, selfemployed so I stay busy most of the time. I don't have time for the gym and I am overweight at 236lb at 6'2. i was very active for a while doing alot of hiking but my activity level has dropped because of lack of time. I feel like my main course of action should be lose some of the weight and make time for exercise. Recommendations are appreciated
Were you able to find out the problem? I am going through the same thing and I have been out of work for 11 months and no one can figure it out.
Again ,this is years later,but I'm suffering the very same symptoms. I have for years. It comes and goes and today ITS HERE!!! It almost feels like I've got a bump on my lower back side, but when I feel it ,there's no lump. It's hurting me to wash dishes and load them into the dish washer. I find my self leaning over the sink to relieve the pain,/ & pressure.
I hope you don't take this wrong ,but I'm glad there are others out there dealing with this. I have chronic pain in my neck and it took the des 3 years to figure out what we going on, and even now they can't quite explains all my symptoms. But This one I can now say "ahha!!!" I have horrible pain in my armpits too ,if anyone can identify........:)
I'm not alone, makes me feel better....I have RA, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia. I'm 55 and over the past 5 yrs my body stiffness has worsened. About a year ago I started having soreness/pain in my lower back/left side, somewhat of a crushing/pressure feeling to the point that I would have to stop what I was doing, rest a bit, continue and then just sit til it eased up. I just chalked it up as, hey I'm getting older things are going to hurt ( I have never had back pain in my life ). However over the past 5 months all this has been more of a severe state...I can't walk for more than 5-10 minutes without that crushing pain feeling starting up....standing for a few minutes is the same. The more I am active the worse it gets. Sitting, resting helps, but once I start to do just normal everyday things it starts, by days end I'm almost hunched over. I also experience severe stiffness after walking to the point were I have trouble bending my legs just to get in a car. I have seen my PCP and Rheumatologist . I had an MRI ( lower back/lumbar spine ) and Bone density, both test show minimal issues. Fibromyalgia is what they both are tossing around a bit ( not a positive diagnosis for me ) Right now both dr's want me to try some stretches etc ( therapy isn't an option due to the cost and I lost my job ). So I am trying to stay active, along with trying stretches and all but nothing has changed. I'll be seeing my dr's again in a few weeks and my next step is to see  orthopedic  doctor. After reading all the comments on here from people having the same issues has made me feel better....I honestly didn't think anyone could have these same symptoms  detailed to the tee. I also seen a comment on here and read up on SI / Sacroiliac joints. I'll be speaking to my doctor about this too. I hope to find out just what is going on and I won't give up nor will I be pumped full of meds. This pain is real, and I want answers. I would like to hear from people who are going through this.

You are reading content posted in the Degenerative Diseases Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.