Dementia Community
54 Members

Frontal temporal dementia

My husband has frontal temporal dementia with parkinson traits.  It seems to be effecting him the most with his walking.  His legs just don't want to move.  I don't want to put him in care facility and moved to a handicap assessible home to prevent that.  But concerned if he can't walk, I'm not certain he can wheel himself around in wheelchair.  I need to keep working for insurance.  Just don't know what my next step or options are?  Can you help with suggestions?
  At this point he might need a home attendant for assistance.
It would be worthwhile to apply for that and also see if any insurance
coverage would cover that option for him.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.