Dementia Community
54 Members

memory degradation not consistent

hey,
my grandfather has been recently diagnosed with dementia (although not a finite diagnosis). but his memory degradation is not consistent, during the day his memory and behavior is fine (although not as great as it used to be), but in the evening his memory and behavior gets alot worse.
i wanted to ask if someone in this forum has any new diagnosis or can explain why its like that.
thanks in advance.
-sorry to hear. Not so long ago this WAS considered "getting older"... It may benefit U to consider exploring the sundowning aspects of his possible condition. I'll encourage U and his loved ones to contact the many places concerning "aging" at Ur senior center, on line and the neurologist's recommendations! Talk to many to manage a meaningful quality of life for HIM and to gain the support U all will need to cope.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.