Dry Mouth/ White Tongue / Permanent Discomfort?

Hi, I'm not sure whether or not I've had dry mouth or not but this is a serious issue. I cannot wear certain types of clothing out of discomfort for my mouth - it's strange. I always have a white tongue, I drink a LOT of water and I use a tongue scraper everyday briefly but it never seems to do anything. It's driving me insane and I can't focus on anything without drinking water every minute. My mouth feels horrible and always has a stingy issue. My tongue feels very rough. I can't for example a mask on my face because it makes my mouth feel uncomfortable. I don't want to be wet by rain because my very dry mouth (even after all the water I've been drinking) annoys me. Please help. I am desperate. Thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing an oral medicine specialist or Orofacial pain specialist is advised. If you do have true xerostomia, you can try artificial saliva for the time being until you get final diagnosis. If there is no xerostomia identified, you may have burning mouth syndrome or dysesthesia. Clonazepam lozenge is the primary treatment of choice.
But I do not have burning mouth.. my mouth just feels uncomfortable even after all the hydration and scraping
Sounds alot like oral thrush.  Have you been on a course of broad spectrum antibiotics lately?  Do you have little white ulcers in your mouth and throat?

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community