Dental Health Community

Is Periodontal disease irreversible?

Since I haven't had dental insurance in many years, I've neglected my dental health. I do brush my teeth everyday, floss, and use mouthwash. Last year I had a back molar removed because I cracked it and could not afford a crown. My middle teeth on the bottom are beginning to shift. I had braces as a teenager and my teeth were very straight. My gums bleed on the bottom every time I brush. I know this is a sign a periodontal disease or maybe gingivitis? Also my kids will make mention to my embarrassment my breath has odor even if I just brush them. So my guess is I have underlying cavities. Because I still have no insurance and a job, I am wondering if their is anything that a dentist would prescribe or recommend over the counter. At what point is it too late? and are dentures the only cure?
It's never to late. State assistance should help you get dental work done, at least the minimal for health reasons although they might not help with cosmetic needs/wants.

There are a couple things that you would just have to live with, but from what I have read and I could be wrong, you can reverse these issues with proper care from both you and a dentist.
Thanks for responding. I will research my state's programs. I don't believe they help adults but its worth a look.