Dental Health Forum

Root canal and UTI

I recently had a root canal and it hasn't been completed as an infection keeps recurring. Now I have a UTI and I read that TMZ ( Bactrim) should not be given for UTI if it occurs after dental work. I am already on my second go round of Clindamycin for the dental infection... I need to see the Dr about the UTI- what should I ask for to treat it? Why isn't Bactrim recommended if the UTI occurs post dental work and can the dental infection be the cause of the UTI?
I don't believe that a UTI can becaused by a dental infection.  I haven't heard of it occurring before.  

You should ask your primary care doctor about what antibiotics to use for your UTI.  I don't treat UTI (out of my scope of practice) so I don't know which antibiotics would be most effective for it.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.