Dental Health Community

white, painful bumps on the side of tongue

For the last 6 months I've had these white patches that are raised and painful. They started out as white lines. Then the lines started to become raised. Then they turned into oblong bumps and are white, hard and painful. I went to the doctor and they ran some blood work and have me an antibiotic and said they'll call me in a few days but they're not sure what they are exact LG.  If the blood work doesn't show anything, they want to send me to an nst for a biopsy of the bumps.
I had the most painful tongue, with white lesions all around the sides. Found out I was unconsciously sucking on my tongue, pulling it up against my teeth. So I stopped sucking on my tongue and it healed fine.