A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members
6456395 tn?1381452996

Borderline Personality Disorder vs. Bipolar disorder

What is the difference of BPD and Bipolar? I was just diagnosed with bipolar this last week and I'm looking for any info anyone will give me. Thanks
1 Responses
Hi Blue mango, just so you know there's a website called Borderline Personality Disorder World-it gives clear definition of bpd compared with bi-polar disorder. Esp as bi-polar is meant to have two types!!! They are similarities but not the same. The psych may try to give you a mood stabiliser like abilify or olanzapine-my expereince of these when i had a pyschosis weren't positive and I felt like I wanted to eat,like I was tired/dizzy and a bit like a mild chemical cosh-they DID NOT stop me getting as major depression afterwards. The Psych's are arguing as to whether I am bipolar type 2, or bpd-to me they use the bipolar tag too easily-I had one epsiode of psychosis after drug use and trauma-according to the head dor's that's all you need to fit the bipolar mode??? However you will know your mind better than anyone and I hope you get the help and support you need that is individually tailored for you-remember you aren't a diagnosis you are a wonderful person who is unique. Good Luck
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.