Depression Community

Dysthymia?

I've always managed to keep my head and maintain a positive outlook while struggling with turbulent emotions, low self-esteem, and low self-image... that is... until Fall 2014.

Symptoms
Low energy, low self-esteem, difficulty making decisions, anhedonia(Fall 2014-May2015), turbulent feelings (journaled Fall 2013-April 2015), decrease in appetite

Despite emotions, was fine until Fall 2014 (could keep head afloat). Fall 2014 = sudden diminished interest in schoolwork and hobbies. Affecting school performance. Still socializes and has fun, but fun is short lived.

Not sure if I am entirely anhedonic though. Every once in a while, there are things that make my happy to the point of crying.

I've been doing research ever since I've gained composure and the mind to do something about it. I have thought of telling someone, but after those little moments I feel better on certain days, I lose my nerve and think, "nah, I'm okay."

My research shows I may have dysthymia. I almost believe it, but deep down am still in denial. I am reluctant to speak up until I am sure. I need help on seeking help, which brings me here. Advice?