Depression Community

Hair loss and Topamax

I have been prescribed Wellbutrin for depression and Topamax as a mood stabilizer.  The combination worked very well for me and the bonus was that I lost weight.  However, I also lost hair.  I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem.
i have been on topamax for about 10 months. i have been on it for headaches, it has worked great.i have lost 45lbs,a great plus ,but lately my hair is falling out bad! im not sure what to do .i had a dr. apt. last week and had to cancel.i have to make a new apt.i have lost alote of hair its scary.iv been putting the hair thats left in my brush in a baggy to show the dr.how much iv lost since 8/22.i wish you luck!
Considering askin Doc for Topamax, mainly for migraines/anxiety.  I am currently on Lexapro 10 mg...does anybody think this would be too much?  I don't want to feel oversedated...the Lex is mainly for anxiety as it is a "lowdose", so I would imagine he could d/c this and replace with Topamax. Any information from anybody would greatly help.  Thanks!
i had very thick hair .it grew very fast .in the last 6 years i have donated 4 times to the locks of love .in june i donated again 12" @the relay for life . my hair is now just under shoulder lenght. since aug, 22. i have filled 3/4 of a gallon baggy up of hair from just my brush, not what just falls out , and what falls out in the shower. every person is diffrent though, good luck! i just hope the hair loss stops soon .
I stopped Topo over a year ago because of hair loss.  It didnt stop.  I am so sad that I was so stupid to take topo for weightloss and now suffer with my hair falling out.  I have always been known for my serious thick long hair. Now its just a mess.   I think the topo messed with my adrenal system.
How long did you take topamax,and how long did you take it after your hair started falling out? thanx
I almost hate to type the words out of fear of breaking the spell, but the eve primrose oil seems to be working.  I see less hair in the brush everyday.

If this continues to get better, i will be thrilled!!