Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
54k Members

Bedbug bite turned into mole?

I know it sounds silly but I recently read on another forum (it was a couple years old) that some people who unfortunately had bed bugs had their bites turn into moles? Okay so maybe they mean a pigmented scar right? No these people showed pictures of actual moles! Has this ever happened to anyone else?
1 Responses
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for starting this discussion.   I did a literature search and what I found was only anecdotal stories on the internet of this occurring. With all of the ones I read, it was self assessment only and not a doctor saying "the bedbug bite turned into a mole".  Pictures can be misleading as you can not tell without examining in person if it is not just hyper pigmentation that will be temporary or a permanent spot. Or if those who posted are being truthful or misinterpreting the situation.  Does that make sense?  So, I am not saying that moles will not form from bed bug bites but just that it is unlikely and hasn't been studied.  If anyone has an experience to share, please do so.  

Have you had an issue with bed bugs, Maria?
1 Comments
I stayed in a hotel once and they unfortunately had bedbugs, I have a mark that looks like a mole which appeared 2 years ago, which is about the same time I stayed at the hotel.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions