MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Can red light therapy really work for hair loss?

Hi everyone.

So I came across some articles online saying that red light therapy can work for hair loss? Is it true?

My hair just keeps shedding for the past few months. I consulted my doc but he said it was normal and that there was no need to worry about it.

But I just couldn't stop thinking about it. And I don't want anything invasive done to me.

If this red light therapy can really work for hair loss, I am thinking about purchasing a red light therapy hat and try for a few months...    
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is some evidence that it can be effective for certain people.  This article gives a good overview on the devices, and who may see benefit from them, and who probably won't: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/lorencecil1/red-light-therapy-hair-loss
Helpful - 1

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community