Facial and Body Acne and Spots

I am 34 yrs old and a B/F, I have been suffering from Acne for as long as I can remember. I have gone to dermatologist and been prescribe numerous prescriptions, antibiotics and topical ointments. The results are not successful, I received more breakouts and the topical oil do combat the larger pimples and leave my pores wide but not the smaller ones. I have acne all over my upper back and shoulders.There are black spots, I am reaching and asking for alternatives. I know there has to be a solution to my problem. I have gone to the dermatologist and request for accutane and I was giving antibiotics and topical oinments and was told if I was younger it would have been good for me; so now I am asking now that I am older do that means there's not a solution to my ongoing problem? Please Help????????????????

This discussion is related to body acne.
The use of Accutane in pediatric patients less than 12 years of age has not been studied. So accutane is mostly prescribed for patients who are older than 18 years as it is not without side effects. Antibiotics are the hallmark of treatment for acne and you should adhere to your dermatologist’s prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.