Fleshy Plugs Under Skin In Pores on Face

there is a spot on my nose that i've rubbed raw washing, trying to get these "things" out of my pores.  these are not whiteheads, nor blackheads.  these are clusters of white or fleshy hard and sticky plugs-- not filled with anything, but they stick straight out from the pores. They are not bumps.  If I rub the area w/ a towel they do not rub off at all.  I tried to remove one with tweezers, and it was very tacky (as in sticky)  and clearly goes deep under the skin.  Part of it broke off but I could still see that the pore was plugged and a day or two later top of the plug was sticking out again. i can't find ANYTHING online that looks like it.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
90% that's echinococcus granulosus
Helpful - 1
It's not even remotely close to that.
It could be a rare fungus created by your own mycotoxin or by someone elses.  Coconut oil, bha, vitamin c serum, even putting lemon on your skin w/water on a paper towel it absorbs whatever resilient toxin that is nesting
Helpful - 1
What treatment would you suggest if a yeast overgrowth is the fungal issue? Or demodex? What you said makes perfect sense if it is in fact, a toxin of some sort, which would make sense in his case and mine possibly. Any advice is appreciated
I had all these symptoms...still do! And then i thought it was demodex and they were in my mouth.. then i thought thrush.. then one day i was peeing and noticed what looked like rolled up thread and its threadworms and or pinworms... it all has to do with yeast!
Itchysrus Can you please go into more detail about knowing its yeast?  Why do you know that?  Did you get rid of the problem, and what did you use?  
Sorry for the additional posts, but I forgot to mention that applying plain yogurt to the skin (like a facial cream treatment) also helped me. Note: the yogurt must contain live active cultures and NO fruit or added sugars as many fungi thrive on sugar/carbs.
Helpful - 1
FYI I also recommend Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree liquid soap (one with the orange label) as it contains antimocrobial essential oils (does not clog pores or leave skin oily). Avoiding sugar & antibiotics was also key for me. I hope this helps!
Helpful - 1
Sorry others have the same stuff I do. I just turned 41 and have had these issues forever. They start out with a little burning and itching, grow into a red lump, and will not pop like a normal pimple. Of course after washing and messing with them, they always open into a sore and there they are... the white things The sores will not heal until all the white things are pulled out (usually with tweezers). When I finally went to the dermatoligists and told her this she looked at me like I was crazy. She could not tell me what they are and how to get rid of them. This last time I was sick when I broke up in several on the neck, face, & chest. The derm said I had folliculits and staph infection (probably from the open wounds). She said to leave the white things alone, that they would work themselves out on their own.. Basically she told me I was like a picker to feel the need to pull the white things out.. Of course I did not believe it. She told me to mess with one like normal and let one heal on its own as an experment. It bothered me so bad to not pull those white things out to hurry the healing as i feel so gross with the sores. I hate that she was right, but the 2nd sore I left alone healed faster. Day after day I could see the white things migrating up and out of the sore when I washed it. I kept it very clean and covered it with the little round bandaids. The reason I am sharing this is I have no answers to what they are, but I do know it makes us prone to staph infection with the open sores and trust me, it *****. They are so irratating, and were almost impossible for me to resist getting my faitful tweezers out and pulling at the white things. Those little round band aids help a lot :) If anyone learns anything new to help this, please let me know as i was given no info on how to prevent this.
Helpful - 1
FOLLICULITIS. That's GOT to be IT!! I get these on my forearms (in my 40's). When you bother them or pick at them, and create an open wound, they are always an almost perfectly circular sore around the hair follicle. And yes, the white hard cyst-like thing is right exactly in the middle, in the pore. Strangely, they do itch a little sometimes (like a minor mosquito bite would), like it WANTS you to pick at it. Thanks for your reply comment, Dutchy1971 (I'm 1970, btw). It helped a lot. So, leaving them alone will help heal faster? And they come out on their own? I'll try that. And we don't have to worry much that we have some sort of severe life-threatening infection or anything. Right?
These are enlarged sebaceous glands.  I get these all the time underneath any pimple I get.  The pimple comes back until I dig out the "bulb" deep under it.  I showed a dermatologist what I was doing, and she said I am pulling out the actual sebaceous glands!  This is self-surgery, and very dangerous.  Spirano-Lactone is a wonderful drug for calming this condition.
Helpful - 1
Spironolactone is a diuretic.  You are treating yourself for inflammation?  

Inflammation causes literally every disease [almost.]   A recent bit of research indicates that you can treat inflammation by increasing the Luteolin in your diet.  This is an EASY thing to do if you just add some herbs to your diet:  [Mexican] oregano, peppermint, sage, thyme, bell peppers, radicchio, and celery seeds.  Other veg, herbs and a couple of fruits lemon & blueberry.

IN order by wt/value Veg/Fruit:  Radicchio, Green sweet pepper, Green Serrano Pepper, Green Hot Chili Pepper, Chicory Greens, Celery, Lemon, [actual] Pumpkin, red leaf lettuce, artichoke- globe or French, kohlrabi [root], peppers jalapeno, peppers yellow sweet, spinach, broccoli, green leaf lettuce,  cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers red sweet, navel oranges, pink and red grapefruit, kiwi, beets, cabbage pak cho Chinese cabbage savory [bok choy? try baby bok choy], brussels sprouts, lettuce cos or romaine, lotus root, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberries, chives, snap green beans, cabbage red, collards, carrots, sweet potato leaves.  

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community