Fleshy Plugs Under Skin In Pores on Face

there is a spot on my nose that i've rubbed raw washing, trying to get these "things" out of my pores.  these are not whiteheads, nor blackheads.  these are clusters of white or fleshy hard and sticky plugs-- not filled with anything, but they stick straight out from the pores. They are not bumps.  If I rub the area w/ a towel they do not rub off at all.  I tried to remove one with tweezers, and it was very tacky (as in sticky)  and clearly goes deep under the skin.  Part of it broke off but I could still see that the pore was plugged and a day or two later top of the plug was sticking out again. i can't find ANYTHING online that looks like it.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did anyone figure out what this is? I have had them over 15 years and can be very painful
Helpful - 0
oops, sorry frankenkittie, my comment was meant towards everyone
Helpful - 0
I am a 40 y.o. female suffering from this same issue with the pores on my face. It started 3 years ago with a red spot right on the tip of my nose. I picked and dug out the little white plugs until they were gone, but scarring occured and now there is a crater on my nose, lol. The plugs "spread" over to my cheeks and chin. They have cleared up over the years but do flare up on occasion. The scarring from picking and digging at them is terrible (my own fault, I know). Just tonight I pulled the biggest plug yet from my chin, it left a bleeding wound. I've searched the internet as well without luck as to what this condition might be.
Helpful - 0
Same thing here. Started on nose in one cluster (at 50 yrs old), removed all white plugs and it finally after several months went away. Then it spread to cheeks, chin, forehead, even temples. It finally cleared up on forehead, temple areas but got very aggressive in smile line area of face and chin. Just when they look like they're going away and relatively smooth - except for the scars - all hell breaks loose. Now, it's also back to origin place on nose and it's horrible. It's a large area, painful and now severly cratered! It's been about eight months since this area went crazy. I too have been to 3 different Dermatologists and they look at me like I'm crazy. They think it's acne or milia but it doesn't quite sound the same to me after all my futile research. One website stated that Vitamin D supplementation can cause such problems. I was doing that a few months before this started so I was wondering if any of you were using Vit D? This condition will remove just about every ounce of self-esteem. I only go out when I have to work, get food, etc. Oh and it's been 4 years since this began. And, I did an experiement with a small area and left some of these little xxxxx in place. Yes it closes up but then it eventually swells back up and there they are. They have also fused together and come out in large "chunks". I've tried many natural remedies but still looking.
Helpful - 0
It's a staph infection - i had something that looked exactly like that and in the same spot. Initially suspected as MRSA, but the cultures indicated others - just regular staph. A ten-day course of oral antibiotics with a prescription cream took care of it. The only effective OTC cream that i've found for treating this is Curad's new silver antibiotic cream, but i doubt it would be very effective at eliminating yours, as it looks fairly deep.
Helpful - 0
I see you had one already; then it's a biofilm.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community