Avatar universal

Genital Discoloration w/ bumps related.

I am currently 15 years old and I've had these questions about two things that have been going on with my body.
The first is bumps that occur on my arms between my shoulder and my elbow socket,on the top of my thighs and on the top part of my chest. These have been around for over 4-5 years. They seem to be the same color as the skin around them and have the characteristics of goosebumps that never go away. Another thing that i have noticed is that frequently 1 to 2 of them would become red and almost act as pimples per say. Then i've also noticed that each one of these "goosebumps" have started to produce hairs in the past year.

Now to the genital area which is where i am most concerned about involves the penis. Im guessing between a year and a half and two years ago the shaft of my penis has had a discoloration. Starting from the bottom to mid way and all the way around from there is a brownish color, from mid way to the head is pale-ish white all the way around and the head is pink. These so called bumps also are on it (brown half- the bumps are shown as white and stand out), (white half- take the same color as the skin; not as noticeable). I am very curious to what this is, and need answers to know if i need to take action for help from a doctor. (Note: i am guessing that i have started puberty late but i am not sure if this is true).

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
These bumps sound like cysts but the discoloration and small bumps on penis can be due to Fordyce spots. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required. Regarding Fordyce spots, they are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar universal
thank you for taking the time to read this and give me a quick explanation of this situation.

Best Regards, Austin
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions