Is it safe to take Prednisone when you have tinea versicolor?

I have tinea versicolor, pretty severly. I also just sustained a back injury, and the doctor at the clinic prescribed me a short course (5 days) of Prednisone (50mg) to help with the inflammation. Tinea versicolor is uncommon in my area, so no one thought to ask if I had it, and the only reason I discovered there may be an issue is my my wife always researches my medications (I have some unsual medication allergies) to double check there are no interactions/reactions.

We read that you should not take it if you have an active fungal infection, and that taking Prednisone can cause the tinea versicolor. However, we could not find any information on what will/could happen if you the medication with tinea versicolor specifically, or if such a short course will do any damage.  

Tinea verisicolor is caused by 'malassesia furfur' and not true fungus but an yeast..While it can indeed exacerbate to a small extent no reason for any worry.
Best wishes.