Dermatology Forum

Mark on Penis

I have developed a mark on the glans of my penis.  It is about a quarter of an inch across, irregularly shaped, whiter than the surrounding tissue, and with a distinctive brown border.  There is no pain or soreness of any kind.  I do not know how long it has been there, but at least for the past month there has been no change that I can see in its size or texture.  If I have an erection the flow of blood almost makes it disappear.  I am 73 years old, and caucasian.  The last time I had any contact with a woman was a year ago.  Any comments?
It may be a senile lentigo (age freckle), or it might reflect irritation of some kind.  It doesn't sound like anything significant.  You ought to show it to a doctor next time you go if it hasn't gone away by itself.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions