Petechia

About a week ago I picked up my one year old son from the babysitters. He had these tiny red dots that looked like little pin pricks all over his cheeks. I made him an appt the very next days with his pediatrician. They did do some blood tests and confirmed through blood work that it is a virus working its way out. However it's now going on two weeks the dots on his cheeks go from turning brownish to back to red if he cries.The petechia has also moved to his arms and legs. No fever, no signs of illness. He still eating and sleeping with no problems. I have touched base with his pediatrician several times who has again examined him and feels that there is nothing serious to be concerned about. I have full faith in my pediatrician, but just wondering if I should seek help from a specialist?

Thank you for any insight or experience anyone has had.

This discussion is related to Baby get petechia when he cries.