Avatar universal

Pink Rash


I have light pink, dry, flakey, circular spot's around my genitals that is not itcy.It has been there a while, I thought it would go away on its own, if i washed better, but over time its still there. Its not on my penis, testies, or inner thigh. The only place it seems to be is where my pubic hair is. I've looked online at pitures of tinea fungus and it doesnt look like any of them, its close but not exactly. What is it and How can i make it go away? would a basic over the counter antifungal cream clear it up?? or Is there a oral prescrption I could take, or perhaps a cream?

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
Looks like fungus.  I suggest you try an over-the-counter antifungal cream like 1% clotrimazole. Use it twice a day for two weeks.  If it hasn't cleared up, you'll need to show it to a doctor.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
here is 2 pictures so you can better diagnose ( dont worry photos are clean )



thank you Dr.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I got AntiFungal cream today, have you ever heard of this stuff? will it work?

Daktarin (miconazole) cream
Miconazole nitrate 2g
Excipient qs 100g

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions