54k Members

Red, itchy, burning penis head after masterbation

Its been over a month that my penis is red and itchy under the foreskin and the penile head under the foreskin. The symptoms first started following an erotic massage with a handjob and get worse everytime I masterbate and can last for 3-5 days after masterbation. If I avoid masterbating my penis head returns to normal except there seems to be small red spots on it when it is erect. I have tried using anti-fungal creams just in case its a fungal infection, they seem to help but don't cure it. What do you think it is?
You may need to use the antifungal cream for much longer than you have been doing.

Make an appointment to see your doctor to get a swab taken for it to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.  It may be that you may require an antibiotic and your doctor will be able to give you advice.

Don't use normal soap, shower gels or bath gels, these will aggravate things more.  Use non perfumed soap, soap that has the same pH level as our skin, baby washes may be fine.  

Don't wear manmade fabrics, these can make you sweat and encourage fungal growth.  Wear cotton and don't wear tight clothing.

If you do use condoms, use the latex free ones as you may have an allergy to the latex.

Natural set yogurt is a good home remedy.   But you do need to book in to see your doctor.