In March I was diagnosed (remotely) for scabies due to intense itching on genital and groins as well as the upper side of my elbow and eyelids. I did the treatment which seemed to make the problem go away.
Three months later the problem is back and the doctor examined in person this time and said that I should try emollients. It doesn't seem to be working however and I wanted to get an input from the community, as its not easy to make a distinction between genital eczma, scabies and other things.
- started with itching on groin, like the first time
- two weeks later now red dots / blotches have developed on the head of the penis; whole penis is somewhat red and warm
- red areas are sensitive to touch / painful (prickles when touching pubic hair and clothes)
- OTC antihistamines alleviate the discomfort partially
- gets worse when it's warm (at night, exercise, hot showers)
- red dots / eruptions also on inner side of the elbow
Some close up pictures, NOT SAFE FOR WORK / MINORS, CLICK AT OWN RISK:
It is driving me mad, any insight and home treatment would be helpful!