Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

Spider Bite

Hi all.... I am posting on here because I am pretty confused with my situation. at the end of January I am and my husband went to Home Depot and buy a sink and a new faucet and installed at that night ... The next morning I woke up with a strange well on my leg that turned into a blister ... I don't remember getting a blister from anywhere specific so I just brushed it off. two days later the blister popped and became cratered an all-star like with yellowish skin and black process... The wound is about the size of a quarter. I live in East Central Minnesota where the spider is non-native... I was told by two doctors that it was a brown recluse bite... The dermatologist was not sure what it was but said to keep it bandaged. The week after I had flulike symptoms of diarrhea nausea vomiting... sense the store I have had muscle aches and pains joint pain and I feel like I have had the flu all of February. they also have two blood clots in my pelvis (deep main thrombosis) since the beginning of February... I found out about the blood clots after the spider bite. I went to the mail Rochester and seen hematology, OB/GYN, infectious disease. and dermatology where they did extensive blood tests and a biopsy of the wound... they tested for Pyroderma Gangreosoum but said I was fine, my r Red blood clount was high but CBC was normal and inflammation was fine... they did a ton of other tests that I am not sure of but nothing came back irregular... however the blood clots is kind of a mystery. I do have cysts on my ovaries so they put me on birth control which they immediately stopped when they find a blood clot so on my ultrasound... I was only on the birth control for a few weeks before they stop me on it.. also I socially smoked but have been done for a couple weeks now and for good because the scare of these clots is not worth the risk. all they can do for the deepening thrombosis is treat it was a blood thinner and hope that the clots reabsorb on their own... I am on Coumadin.. and in the process of regulating my INR... my question lies with the suspicion Dustbuster and how awful I have been feeling sense... it is very coincidental the correlation for the flu like symptoms and blister have been very high. I have been even more ****** than normal,  feel terribly achy and in pain like I have the flu this month. can a spider bite cause that's long symptoms? could this be the blood clots or Coumadin affecting me this hard? I have never had a spider bite like this and feel very lost I am 32 and I do not feel worth it cried it is really affecting my life... not even the male clinic had answers for me
1 Responses
http://www.wddty.com/scientists-discover-a-new-lyme-disease-from-tick-bites.html ....this could be important
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions