lump on scalp...not a cyst

Hi I am a 44 year old female...I have several penny size lumps on my scalp..I went to the dermatologist who said they were not cysts and took a biopsy which was inconclusive...and possible connective tissue disorder. The dermatologist then injected the site with cortisone and gave me a topical cortisone to put on.  In the last two weeks they have grown and I have sharp pains coming from them.  Anyone else have anything similar or suggestion on which type of dr I should go to next..not sure if the dermatologist is the right choice at this point/
From the symptoms cysts like pilar cysts need to be ruled out. Pilar cysts manifest as smooth, mobile, asymptomatic swellings, often in the scalp. Overlying hair loss may be noted. The definitive treatment is surgical excision of the cyst. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.