Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 1 Community
2.79k Members

Faulty NovoLog FlexPen

I have a NovoLog FlexPen with 100 units which stopped working after about 1/3 of the insulin had been dispensed.  It simply stopped releasing the insulin left in the pen.  I pay a lot for these pens since my insurance only covers about half the cost.  I took it to my pharmacy who said I must get it from Novo Nordisk, Inc.   How can I get a replacement?
3 Responses
I had this problem a lot. The fix I discovered was to change the needle on the pen. I don't know why this worked it just did. Good Luck.
231441 tn?1333896366
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can also continue to draw the insulin out of the pen needle using a syringe, if you have one, and injecting the correct amount.
The pharmacy that dispensed the pen should be able to help you with a replacement pen, if you decide to go that option.
231441 tn?1333896366
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can also continue to draw the insulin out of the pen needle using a syringe, if you have one, and injecting the correct amount.
The pharmacy that dispensed the pen should be able to help you with a replacement pen, if you decide to go that option.
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.