Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Faulty NovoLog FlexPen

I have a NovoLog FlexPen with 100 units which stopped working after about 1/3 of the insulin had been dispensed.  It simply stopped releasing the insulin left in the pen.  I pay a lot for these pens since my insurance only covers about half the cost.  I took it to my pharmacy who said I must get it from Novo Nordisk, Inc.   How can I get a replacement?
I had this problem a lot. The fix I discovered was to change the needle on the pen. I don't know why this worked it just did. Good Luck.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can also continue to draw the insulin out of the pen needle using a syringe, if you have one, and injecting the correct amount.
The pharmacy that dispensed the pen should be able to help you with a replacement pen, if you decide to go that option.
COMMUNITY LEADER