Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Howmany days is active insulin good?

I am type 2 and take Novolin 70/30.  How long(How many days) is an active vial good?  I don't keepit refrigerated.
COMMUNITY LEADER

if it is kept at regular room temperature (not in the sun though), then it should be good for a month.

I use novorapid (insulin aspart) as my fast acting insulin.  Although they say that it is good for 1month, I actually have used 1 vial for up to 2 months, with no obvious change in insulin requirements.  

If you notice your insulin is not working so well, then may be worth trying a new vial.

Hope this helps.