Diabetes - Type 2 Community

Is Apple Good for Diabetes and Blood Sugar Levels?

I need to know Is Apple Good for Diabetes and Blood Sugar Levels?
Hello and welcome to the forum.  Thanks for the question.  Why is apple hot on your mind?  They are indeed good tasting.  Apples have some sugar in them but in general, the American Diabetes Association or ADA has stated there is no reason to avoid them. The type of sugar that apples has is not like 'added sugar which is to be avoided.  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321882.php  Please let us know if you have any other questions about this or diet and diabetes in general.  We're happy to help.
COMMUNITY LEADER

with regards to eating fruit, I would say that it depends on your blood sugar response.  If your blood sugar stays in target range when you eat an apple, or a portion of an apple, then you are fine. If i makes you go high, then best to avoid fruits.

Alternative fruits such as berries and kiwi fruit tend to have less blood glucose impact compared to other sweet fruits.  Size of serving also makes a difference.

Hope this helps.
Tbd
External User
Yes
Tbd
External User
Yes