Many factors can contribute to hyperglycemia including:
- Not using enough insulin or oral diabetes medication
- Not injecting insulin properly or using expired insulin
- Not following diabetes eating plan
- Being inactive
- Having an illness or infection
- Using certain medications (e.g., steroids)
- Being injured or having surgery
- Experiencing emotional stress
Please ensure your mother sees her endocrinologist to help get her sugar levels under control.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are worried about your mother! When has she seen her doctor last and can you attend with her to directly question her doctor? As the above post mentions, there are a lot of possibilities for why her numbers are so high. And it is important to get to the reason for these numbers and to get her sugar under control. Please let us know her next step but meeting with her doctor and perhaps some intervention into how she is using her medication, what the medication is, and her lifestyle will be necessary.