Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Nausea and/or vomiting and abdominal pain. Please help..

My uncle (64yrs old) has nausea, lots of vomiting and abdominal pain. Although he has high blood pressure and sugar problem from a long time which are under control at the moment. He recently had an Upper Endoscopy Test. The report is :-

Medications used - no intravenous sedation, lignocaine spray.

Report:-

Oesophagus: moderate to severe reflux oesophagitis (grade 3:erosions involving 10-50% of the distal oesophageal mucosa) was evident. The squamo-columnar mucosal junction (z-line) was at 36cm.

Stomach: normal

Duodenum: was normal to the second part.

Diagnosis:-
Reflux Oesophagitis; grade 3 (530.1)

Final Disposition:-
In the antrum foodparticle were seen suggestive for gastric motolity problem. Recommended medication:PPI and prochinetic drug.

But the doctor was'nt able to explain him his condition well enough since he was'nt a native english speaker.
So i need some advice regarding my uncle's health condition and this report above. Also please suggest some precautions, diet suggessions, medical treatment and any other opinions.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Sincerely,
A.Ahmed
http://www.gastrolab.net/ksgoeso1.htm
I am sending you the above url for oesophagitis.  I do not know if this will be of help to you, but it does have info I believe you will not be able to find here.  I am sorry your uncle is not well, but I believe I would find another doctor either in the practice or a different group of doctors who may be able to explain this to both you and your uncle.  I bet if you went to the same doctor and explain that you did not understand him, I am sure he would do everything he can to help you.  This forum is not monitored by a physician and it sounds as if your uncle has something a little more serious.  Try to convince him to eat a bland diet, low fat, no red meat,no spicy foods.  Stay away from coffee and caffine drinks and of course no alcoholic drinks.  Fish and Chicken is the two meats I am allowed and I hate fish.  So chicken or turkey that has been baked not fried is the only meat that does not hurt me.  I love coffee and diet coke but now they hurt me.  Here is some Good news, since I quit eating and drinking those foods, no pain!  That is the only words of advice I can offer you, I hope it will help.  Let us know how your uncle is doing.  Good Luck!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem