Hi - I'm totally nervous and miserable and am hoping you can help me. Here is the best go at a chronology:
- I'm a 35 year old female, 123 pounds (after losing 5 in last week)
- Currently 24 days pregnant since last period March13.
- Presented with chest pain three weeks ago - It almost feels like something goes into spasm in my chest that sets it off. It it extremely and unbearable constant yet the primary hot spot seems to move - goes from sternum to just left of it to neck to back. Seems worse after meals but not sure.
-Tests: EKG, Chest X-Ray, basic blood work, ultrasound of gallbladder, pancrease, liver normal, all blood work normal.
-Tested positive for H Pylori.
- No sensitivity to touch chest. GI Cocktail inneffective - pain meds at ER and hydrocodone worked well. Took Ramididine.
- After two weeks chest pain subsided.
- Then my stomache got so bad I couldn't eat for a few days - spasms just above my navel and below my ribs and a general pain just above belly button.
- My stomach felt better on Previcid for a few days but now my chest pain is back for the last two days.
- Taking Previcid and being treated symptomatically because pregnancy. No antibiotics until after baby - allergies.
- Same or worse with Mylanta - nauseeated
- Gastroenterologist can't see me for consult until May:(
1. Can this be an ulcer even though the antacids don't seem to help? are the risks of a bleed low since I have been on acid blockers for several weeks? when should I expect to feel better? I have quit all the "bad food", caffeine, etc.
2. If not an ulcer, what else could this be? Is there much chance this could be cancer - what would the odds be - what other symptoms might there be? My concern is that I'm not responding well to therapy for ulcer but have H Pylori.
3. Is it likely they will scope me while pregnant if this persists? At what point?
4. Any advice?