love

how can u stop hurting from loving too much
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That is a very good question! I can only speak from my experience and that answer would be "Time". At some point you have to just say enough is enough because you are only hurting yourself and your life by hanging on. When you are ready to let go the healing will start..but not before then.

Best wishes
Helpful - 0
Everyone says love hurts, but that's not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love. But, in reality, Love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.
Helpful - 0
I've learned so much from the breakup of my marriage. The above are both right but especially when we confuse the hurt of losing love with the hurt of feeling rejected and lonely.
Everything does take time.
Helpful - 0
Wow, what a heavy question that is! I am starting through the steps of ending my 22 year marriage. Not sure if u saw the 3 long posts I put up but I've had no responses as of yet.

My wife left on Friday before I got home from work, it was a HUGE shock even though it's what I have thought I wanted, Friday was rough, yesterday I felt like I could take the world on. Today she sends me a reply to that long letter I wrote her and my heart breaks and I can't stop crying???? I am SO confused, is it the pain of this 22 years and the healing commencing, or is it that I still love her, I just don't know what to think or believe right now.

I do agree that love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again, but with love come other emotions like pain, resentment, rejection and loneliness and many more, that's why I believe that the original posters question is so DEEP it could be answered in so many ways.

Thanks for listening, but I need the perspective of any women out there to the letter I wrote my wife PLEASE.

~ Brian.
Helpful - 0
I ask myself the same question........run as farrr away as u can from that person
If u catch urself thinking about that person picture yourself opening up ur head and removing that thought.. person.. memories. I loved someone so much(10yrs) and I damaged myself by drinking drugs and hanging out with someone new..... ended up falling hard for (guyb)........ not knowing i was completly healed I jumped into this relationship and cheated with (guyA) because of confusion n holding on to the past. I realized I began to love guyb so much i forgot about everything else. The 2nd relationship ended as well. I am taking time as u should to get to know yourself better.... it will take time ..but with time comes healing..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Divorce & Breakups Community